In the next 10 minutes, 50 people will die from hunger. Our Mission is to Make an Impact by Investing and Transforming the Life of An Entrepreneur
Micro Financial Savings is dedicated to fighting global poverty by empowering the poorest people in the developing world with full access to capital desperately needed to start a new business. By leveraging the internet, other charitable organizations and the existing worldwide network of microcredit Field Partners, Micro Financial Savings will connect the aspiring entrepreneurs in the poorest reaches of the world who have nothing but a dream for a better life with the people who have the financial capital to lend or donate money.
For Micro Financial Savings, the process starts with a microloan which averages about $100, an amount that can accomplish quite a bit where the poorest people are earning between $1.00 and $2.00 per day. Recognizing that about 90% of the demand for capital needed in the developing world is unfulfilled, making small dollar loans can allow families to have the funding needed to start a new business.
When jobs are created people can then survive on their own raising both their self-esteem and their outlook on life. The income generated from their new business allows once poor families to begin to fulfill basic needs as each life is transfomred one person at a time as families escape from the ravages of poverty.
More on the Tragedies of Poverty that you can help eliminate:
- In the Next 10 minutes 50 people will die from hunger, etc.
- Half the people in the world live on less than $2 per day
- One quarter of humanity, about 1.6 billion people, live without electricity
- Over 9 million people, of which 5 million are children, die worldwide each year because of hunger and malnutrition.
- Over 11 million children die each year from preventable causes like malaria, diarrhea and pneumonia
- Around 27-28% of all children in developing countries are underweight or stunted.
- For the 1.9 billion children from the developing world- 640 million are without adequate shelter
- 400 million do not have access to safe water
- 270 million do not have access to health care
- 2.2 million children die each year because they are not immunized